Thursday, October 06, 2005

Longing

I often long for the past to relive what I have done or who I have been with. Does any one else do this or am I the only one. It seems that everyone is looking forward to tomorrow or at least living in today. I miss being a carefree child playing in the shop, riding my bike all day long in the summer, sleeping in on Saturdays. I miss the freedom of adolescence to explore the world without the responsibilities of adulthood. I feel as if everyday life is a heavy weight on my head. I want to just have a day or two to do as I please- sleep, eat, rest, meditate, reflect, and relax. I want to be able to talk freely scream or cry with out having to explain why. I try to write in my notebook but then there is always those who invade privacy so I don't have freedom of speech. I know I am whining but it is amazing how my outlook would change with a couple days off from work home husband and kids just me. Anyone else feel this way?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Last Day said...

Yes, everyone has feelings like this - some more than others. You know the people who appear self centered and selfish? Those are the people who take advantage of "me time". Then there are the people who constantly serve others, that have forgotten how to serve themselves. Everyone, at one point or another needs to step away to reflect on how their everyday life is going. If they don't, how can they make changes to benefit not only themselves, but others around them. Everyone needs to take time away from home, family, work, friends, and responsibilities of daily life to be a peace. Don't feel guilty about having feelings or doing things that others perceive as selfish. Remember, everything we do should be done with the "greater good" in mind - even having some "me time". Look at your president - he is the king of "me" and "me time". If he can shrug off his major, catastrophic, poor decision making, responsibilities, then we can too.

Good luck Annie Bo

Thu Oct 06, 08:08:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Angela said...

David what can I say I love you. Your perspective on the world seems to help a lot. As far as the president- I don't claim him as mine.

Fri Oct 07, 10:29:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home