Wednesday, July 12, 2006

JADED

jad·ed
adj.
Worn out; wearied: Dulled by surfeit; sated: Cynically or pretentiously callous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jade2
v. jad·ed, jad·ing, jades
v.To wear out, as by overuse or overindulgence.
v.
To become weary or spiritless.

At work today one of my dearest sweetest friends told me the last couple of weeks I have seemed "Jaded". She told me it was the last couple of weeks that I was this way. She asked if anything had changed in the last two weeks. Honestly I cannot think of anything other than the normal bullshit. For awhile it has seemed that I cannot catch my breathe, that there is always something lurking behind me that needs taken care of. Because of this sleep doesn't occur that well and when I go to long without sleep I get a little bitchy. I cannot take a sleep aid because we are still doing middle of the night blood sugars for my son as he is newly on the insulin pump and we are stitweakinging his doses. My legs and feet are perpetually swollen and nothing I have tried seems to work. I know a good massage would help me and my outlook a great deal but I barely have time to eat, shit, and sleep. I don't feel rested even after a full 10 hours of sleep like I had the other day. I will make a conscience effort to not be jaded and be more like me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life happens--we can't always catch our breathe, but then there will be moments of sweet bliss. We can't be "chipper" all times. Sleep deprevation, whether from a new baby, change in shifts, medical management etc., can make us seem "jaded". Recognizing you are "not yourself" or a 100 percent fine, and having people support you is what true friends and good co-workers are all about, and the fact that this person noticed, means they care. We love you--try and get some sleep, when you can--just don't "S--t" while you sleep. Nae

Fri Jul 14, 08:44:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home