Monday, June 26, 2006

The Weekend

Well it was certainly an interesting weekend. I worked Friday night and picked the kids up Saturday morning from my sister's because mom was out of town. We had breakfast together then I was off to bed. Overall the kids were pretty good minus the frequent "Mom are you still sleeping" interruptions. We had a wedding to go to on Saturday evening. On the drive down there it rained and hailed so hard that we could barely see where we were going. I was really glad I didn't spend hours on my hair because it would have been ruined. We had a good time and Bryce even mingled and talked to other's (a first for him he is usually in the corner pouting because I am talking to people). Sunday we had talked about going to the Renaissance Festival. We messed around and finally ended up there about two in the afternoon. It was enjoyable minus the rain and the lightning. We headed home around 5 and ended eating at the "Saltgrass Steakhouse". The food was good and the service excellent but it was a little pricey. We came home and decided to take the "KIDS" (aka the dogs) for a trip to the park. So we all loaded up into the Durango (I LOVE MY DURANGO). We went to Carol Butts park which has a pond in the middle. All the dogs loved it even the senior citizen of the group he ran and played as well. We all had a good time. They have changed the park a bit since the days of my youth such as you cannot sneak onto the golf course anymore by using the drainage pipe as a bridge. Back in the day that was quite the adventure.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Last Day said...

Ummm yeah; That drainage pipe led to more than just the golf course. It led to pre-marital sex on the golf course, under-aged drinking on the golf course, numerous gang fights on the golf course (much like West Side Story), and uncountable drug deals on the golf course. That drainage pipe was the life-line to many youthful memories I'm sure you are still fond of - needles, used condoms, and protitutes. You're right, the park has changed, it's a nice park now. Haha

Mon Jun 26, 06:16:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Angela said...

You are such a goober. I do not recall any of the above listed activities, and for any I might recall I plead the fifth.

Mon Jun 26, 10:22:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no one told me about the drain pipe. I guess that is why I am the "normal--boring one" I thought a drain pipe was just that--drain pipe--stay out.

Tue Jun 27, 10:07:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home